Dates of opening and closing of terms are announced well in advance. All parents are required to strictly adhere to these dates. Boys are expected to return to School in uniform and with a proper haircut. A detailed note on journey arrangements is sent to all parents. The School will NOT be able to make any travel arrangements if parents do not inform before the due dates – 30th September for the Autumn term and 20th March for the Spring term. Boys who do not turn up on time for the re-opening of term without a valid reason, run the risk of not being allowed to attend School for the rest of the term, or being held back at the beginning of the vacation.
- Entry is in Class IV,Class V,Class VI and Class VII. Vacancies in other classes are rare.
- Registration for all classes, except X and XII, are accepted.
- Registration does not guarantee admission.
- The registration fee is neither transferable nor refundable.
- Registrations close 15 days prior to the date of the admission test.
- Admission dates are notified on the School website.
- Admissions to all classes are based on the Entrance Test.
- Boys are tested in English, Hindi, Mathematics and Life Skills.
- Boys who qualify in the written test are called for an interaction along with the parents. Both parents must attend.
- The final list of candidates is declared on a specified date (usually a week) after the interaction.
- The decision of the Admission Committee will be final.
- Age specifications as on the 1st of April of the year of joining are as follows:- Class IV: Between 8 years to 9 years
– Class VII: Between 11 years to 12 years
– Class XI: Between 15 years to 16 years
- Fees become due twice in a year, on the first day of the reopening of the School after the Summer and the Winter vacations, in two instalments. In any event, all dues must be paid on or before the School reopens after the vacation. All dues must be paid in full. Payments in instalments are not acceptable. In case of fee defaulters, the School will have to take the extreme option of sending the boys home if bills are not paid on time.
- The fees currently in force is as per the Fees Schedule attached to the School Prospectus. The School Management is at liberty to revise the fee structure at any time.
- Security Deposit: Security deposit, equivalent to fees for one term, is charged at the time of admission and adjusted or refunded (on demand)when the boy leaves School. Any security deposit lying unclaimed for a period of more than three years after the boy has left School, will be forfeited in favour of the School.
- Any other Government Tax/Cess shall be borne by the parents.
- No fees will be refunded and will stand forfeited in favour of the School if the student is unable to complete his schooling during a term for any reason other than medical grounds.
- Full term fee would be charged for all admissions during the term and similarly for all outgoing students during any term. This includes the Board examination classes.
- Boys who do not make any progress, may be asked to leave.
- Admission to class XI, of the boys who have finished class X from the School , is not guaranteed and the School exercises the right not to readmit a boy into class XI on the basis of his Academic/Disciplinary/Health record. Choice of subjects for the students promoted from grade X to XI shall be based on the evaluation of skills and aptitude in the relevant subjects. The School’s decision in this regard is final and binding.
- Boys caught cheating, bullying or bringing disrepute to the School by/through any form of unacceptable behaviour, will be expelled. The Principal’s decision in these matters is final.
- Parents who wish to withdraw their boy must give a written notice of their intention to the Principal.
- No charges will be made in case the letter intimating the intention to withdraw reaches us before the dates specified below:
- Before the 15th of June (for the Autumn term)
- Before 30th of December (for the Spring term)
- Half term fee will be charged if the letter intimating the intention to withdraw reaches the School:
- After 15th June but before the reopening of the School (for Autumn term) and
- after 30th December but before the reopening of the School (for Spring term).
- Full term fee will be charged if the boy is withdrawn after School reopens.
5. Leaving the School
Whenever a student leaves School or passes out from School, his belongings must be collected within one month of leaving, failing which, the School authorities shall be free to dispose of/donate the same.
The Outings will be as per the School Calendar or the School Circulars. Outing time is 9:00am – 6:00pm. However, parents coming to take their ward for an Outing must pick him up latest by 10:30a.m. Also, parents coming to return the students to the School are not allowed to enter the School premises and the students must be left at the entry gate ensuring the registration of their ward’s entry with the security. However, if parents /guardians wish to visit/meet the Housemaster/any Teacher, they can do so in the morning hours when the student is picked up and preferably by prior appointment.
Outing on Festival days will strictly be a “Home Out”. This means that only the parent or authorized guardian possessing the School’s valid identity card can take the boy out, or where this is not possible, the School may arrange for boys in groups to visit the appropriate place of worship.
Outings, including Lunch Outings on birthdays that fall on weekdays are strictly NOT allowed.
No outing is allowed on a Sunday/holiday that falls prior to an exam.
Parents/grandparents wishing to take their wards for an Outing must give a minimum of four clear days’ notice to the Housemaster/Housemother/Warden concerned. Parents/grandparents/guardians will be permitted to enter the School premises only if they possess a valid identity card issued by the School authorities.
7. Night Out
- Parents will be allowed one “flexible” Night Out each term. This Night Out will be decided by the parent and it can be taken at any time during the term, provided, of course, that there is no clash with the School curriculum.
- In addition, for any one religious festival or other occasion, one extra Night Out will be available to the parent during the calendar year.
If this extra night out is taken in the Spring term, then it can either be clubbed with the flexible Night Out of the Spring Term, thus making two consecutive Night Outs, or taken separately. The same is possible in the Autumn term also.
To sum up, a total of three Night Outs are possible during the calendar year. All three can be taken separately, or they can be clubbed together in one of the two terms, leaving one for the remaining term.
Request for Night Out must reach the Principal at least a week in advance. There will be no mandatory Night Out after the Spring Festival, as was the practice earlier. Parents may or may not choose to avail of a Night Out after the Spring Festival.
8. Food/Any Other Item
No form of food/beverage from outside or any other item e.g. deodorants, perfumes, clothes, etc. should be brought inside the School premises. Tuck or any other item found in the possession of a child will be confiscated. Only non video portable music players are permitted. For birthday parties, the School makes arrangements for cakes etc. Parents/Visitors are strictly forbidden from bringing any form of food items to the School campus.
Any parcel/packet/baggage transported by a visitor/student will be inspected at the gates by the authorized Staff and Security Personnel. Parents are advised not to enter into any altercation with the guards. Should there be some area of differences, do contact the appropriate authority.
Many parents do not return medical certificates, duly completed, at the end of the vacation. The School will need to quarantine a boy if he returns to School after the vacation without a doctor’s fitness certificate. Also, boys who need spectacles must bring their prescriptions and a spare pair of glasses. The submission of false medical certificates, including those for the purpose of taking leave, may attract expulsion.